Roleplay Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Armada

Lol, we RP and stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current challenges/custom achievements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SakuSakuragi!
Sakumeister Supreme
SakuSakuragi!

Pet : Kazuya
: : : 50
: : : 10
: : : 10
: : : 5

Current challenges/custom achievements Empty
PostSubject: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:50 am #1

Sometimes, the challenges the games themselves give us just aren't enough, and when it comes down to that, you kick it up a notch by creating your own little rules, like trying to play through the campaign of some shooter only using your pistol, going through mass effect using only biotic abilities, etc.

I tend to do this every once in a while to spice up an otherwise dull or challenge-less game, so I was wondering if any of you are already doing something like that, have been inspired to take up a challenge like that, or have already completed one.

So, uh, yeah. Just post up what you're starting or working on, what you've completed, etc. Actual in-game achievements/trophy things are cool, too.
Back to top Go down
Cidellus
Associate
Cidellus

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:34 am #2

Hmm...well, I played through all the Hunter mode missions in Splinter Cell: Conviction with just my pistol and no gadgets on Realistic mode. Hrm...I commonly play as the Byzantine Empire in EU3 and make it my goal to recreate the Roman Empire by the 1700s. And in Victoria II, I sometimes play Greece and resurrect the Byzantine Empire by conquering the Ottoman Empire (hard as hell).

Not much more than that, really. :\
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pet : Whip
: : : 3
: : : 2

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:59 pm #3

Dynasty Warriors III.

With your army no less than five minutes behind you (i.e. you rush ahead), find a gatekeeper. Get up onto the gate and jump off the wrong side. Now try to survive until your army catches up to you.

Without killing the gatekeeper, there is no way to open the gate. You can't kill him from the other side. This leaves you to fight solo against the next wave of enemy soldiers.

This actually happened to me by accident, the first time I played the game. I was getting chewed up by the archers on the top of the gate while I was fighting the gatekeeper, and had left my army at least five minutes behind me because I was tired of waiting for them. I hopped up on the gate, got the archers, and, in the confusion, jumped off the wrong side.

I couldn't measure the amount of life I had left when my army finally arrived. It was awesome. I couldn't believe I made it out alive.
Back to top Go down
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

RP : Member
AT : Member
Pet : Fluttershy
: : : 20
Location : Michigan (So obviously a different time zone than most [If not all] of you.)

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:21 pm #4

No weapons or armor runs in oblivion and skyrim. Only magnum and melee in halo - halo 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/takingbackheaven
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:14 pm #5

Super Smash Bros (N64 version), 3 randomly selected lv. 9 computer opponents, playing as a randomly selected character and random stage on each fight. No items. How many times do you win before finally getting the snot beaten out of you? ^_^

NOTE: I actually did this one, too, although I started out with one lv. 3 opponent. Every time I won, I upped the enemy level. Every fight was totally randomized. If I ever lost to anyone, I recreated the exact conditions of the fight and replayed it until I won, then continued randomizing and increasing. I met the above conditions repeatedly. This was my training method. I am still undefeated. This is partly due to the two sequels Nintendo has released since then, and the fact that nobody plays it anymore. >_>

I'll go away now. Play with my ancient old-man games. ~sniff~
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

Pet : Leafeon
: : : 16
: : : 14
: : : 13

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:24 am #6

I still play all three smash brothers games, BW! I'm not very good at any of them though. Heh.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:32 pm #7

If the planets align, someday, I'll match you. My main is Fox, with Pikachu and Kirby tied for a close second. I'm competent with Link and Samus, mediocre with Mario. The others weren't really worth my effort. >_>
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm #8

I go all over the place with characters. If I had to choose a best, it would be Peach actually. I don't know why really. I can just use her well. (Maybe it's her fat ass!)
Back to top Go down
Cidellus
Associate
Cidellus

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:30 pm #9

I was pretty good with Fox.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:47 pm #10

Peach=I can use her well.

Mind went STRAIGHT into the gutter. >_>

Mario Tennis did this to me. Don't judge.
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:31 pm #11

BlessedWrath wrote:
Peach=I can use her well.

Mind went STRAIGHT into the gutter. >_>

Mario Tennis did this to me. Don't judge.

XD Ha! I'm sorry Bee dubs. Didn't mean to make your mind go there.
Back to top Go down
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

AT : Member
Pet : Fluttershy
Location : Michigan (So obviously a different time zone than most [If not all] of you.)

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:44 pm #12

Children. Both of you. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/takingbackheaven
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:40 pm #13

Hey! I wasn't thinking that when I wrote it! He's the one who thought it!
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:59 pm #14

It's not my fault! She just looks so good in tennis shorts! Then, when you miss, she looks so sad. Just makes you want to comfort her. Right?

...right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current challenges/custom achievements   Current challenges/custom achievements Empty #15

Back to top Go down

Current challenges/custom achievements

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1