Roleplay Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Armada

Lol, we RP and stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pet : Whip
: : : 3
: : : 2

Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art Empty
PostSubject: Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art   Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:38 am #1

Hi, all.

As some of you may probably know by now, I'm a semi-pro craftsman. I make maille (most commonly called "chain mail", although this is a misnomer), as well as nylon bullwhips (made from parachute cord). At this time, I only see drawing, writing and music listed in the Arts section. I would like to propose that we expand the Arts section to include handmades, structural art such as welded sculpture or woodworking, and other physical works.

I know that the most common perception of art is painting and music, with literature taking a close third, but art covers so much more than just those categories. Origami, for example, can be considered a very expressive form of art in skilled hands. It takes a lot of talent to make all of those folds properly, and some of the examples I've seen can be breathtaking three-dimensional models of almost anything.

If I have not made my case well enough, I am more than happy to talk about it. I would like to see members able to post their proudest achievements, even if they don't take the form of more traditional art. Besides...I don't draw, can't play or compose music worth much, and my writing is...well, I wouldn't call it art. I want to share too! Uh... happy?
Back to top Go down
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

RP : Member
AT : Member
Pet : Fluttershy
: : : 50
: : : 20
: : : 20
: : : 5
Location : Michigan (So obviously a different time zone than most [If not all] of you.)

Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art   Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:57 pm #2

Taken care of. Have fun and show off your skills, BW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/takingbackheaven

Physical, Artisan Crafts, and/or Functional Art

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay Armada :: Arts :: Arts and Stuff-