Roleplay Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Armada

Lol, we RP and stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current Cartoons: Yay or Nay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

RP : Member
Pet : Leafeon
: : : 16
: : : 14
: : : 13
: : : 3

Current Cartoons: Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Current Cartoons: Yay or Nay?   Current Cartoons: Yay or Nay? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:09 pm #1

Okay. The Toonami thread got me thinking about Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. What do you think of their current lineups? What do you think is missing?

Personally, Cartoon Network is shit right now. The 90s had so many good Cartoons. Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo... so many more that I can't even remember. They were all -GOOD-. The newer stuff started to get crappy. It was laced with more adult humor. I don't hate adult humor in kids cartoons, as it gives the parents something to notice and enjoy as well. However, shows like Chowder and Flapjack were filled with adult humor, and just plain creepy at some points. Regular Show is pretty bad as well. I don't hate some of the newer shows, I just wish they were better. And then there's the fact that they don't only show cartoons anymore. :| Now this is what gets me. It's just not the same. Level Up? Stupid. Any of the others, stupid. It just ruins the integrity of channel.

Nickelodeon doesn't get the same grief that Cartoon Network does for live action. They already had live action in their golden era. Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Angry Beavers. Once again, too many good cartoons to list. They did well with All That, The Amanda Show, and Kenan and Kel also. Nickelodeon did lose all its game shows, which were wonderful fun. (I always wanted to go on Legends of the Hidden Temple...) The current run on there is okay. Most of the cartoons are gone though, leaving us with a whole bunch of Spongebob. Spongebob used to be better too, but it's suffering much of the same fate as Regular Show and Adventure Time. iCarly is actually quite funny as is Victorious, but the others aren't. (WHY THE HELL DID NICKELODEON EVER AGREE TO MAKING FRED AN ACTUAL STAR???)

... What are your thoughts on all this? You can include Disney as well if you wish.
Back to top Go down

Current Cartoons: Yay or Nay?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1