Roleplay Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Armada

Lol, we RP and stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pandora 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pet : Whip
: : : 3
: : : 2

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:36 am #1

Quote :
Hi, all.

Pandora 13 is officially up and open for character sheets. There are two members, currently, with room for more. If you have an idea you'd like to submit, please contact me via PM, chatbox, or through MSN Messenger (link is in my contact information). Please remember that all sheets must be submitted via PM before I will post them.

Also remember that this OOC will be periodically updated as the storyline goes on. I do not promise that everything will stay as it is; especially with new NPCs being introduced into plot. If you notice a character that wasn't there before, try checking back here to see who he/she is.

Happy hunting.

So, what is Pandora 13? The simple answer is that it is a Cyberpunk storyline set in a universe in which Marvel-style superheroes have become a reality. For the last decade or so, people have been showing up with extraordinary abilities all over the US. Strangely, ours is the only country in which this is happening.

It gets weirder. The number of cases of mutancy reported do not correspond to any known natural phenomenon, outbreak of plague, evolutionary advance, or biochemical exposure. These cases seem to be completely random, have no apparent cause, and cannot be traced to any origin. Yet they occur.

People whose abilities are "awakened" normally have nothing at all in common with one another. They are just ordinary people, leading ordinary lives, when one day: "Poof", their house has a hole in the ceiling because they opened their eyes in the morning.

Just know that, if you're one of the "lucky" few with the gift, your life just got a whole lot harder. Can you think of a reason why the military wouldn't want to deploy you as a weapon, to fight their wars for them? How about medical science? Couldn't they use another guinea pig to test their theories? Let's not even discuss what the Church thinks of you. And there's modern society, in all its glory, looking at something it does not understand...and doesn't want to: You.

In response to these outbreaks of superhuman ability, the government has issued a nationwide state of emergency concerning any metahuman or superhuman ability, power, skill, or trait. The Mutancy Registration Act of 2032 requires that all metahuman citizens be registered, recorded, monitored and regularly examined by professional medical experts on a strictly scheduled basis. Failure to abide by these strict requirements results in a fugitive alert, and it ain't pretty. Mutants, these days, get barcoded and chipped the instant they're discovered, and it isn't exactly easy to run from the electronic eye.

Maybe you've seen it happen. Maybe you've heard the sirens and heard the gunshots; the screams and the shouting. Maybe you've smelled the stench of smoldering flesh wafting through the air after they got done lasering your best pal. All he did wrong was run.

That takes us to the setting. New Washington is about as advanced a city as you can get on the east end of America. It's not too far from the coast, and it's far enough south that we don't get much snow. People like that these days; snow reminds them of how hard life can get, and it's pretty damned hard already. At least they've got that much going for them. Amidst all of the holographic advertisements and data terminals, you'd think life couldn't get much better than a place like this, but you'd have a lot to learn.

New Washington is broken up into Districts; concentric circles of specifically zoned and desginated land used for certain tasks, like commerce and government. Each District controls its own business independently of the main system, which is housed at the center, in the Government District, but must also answer to the GD's laws and regulatory system. I guess you could say there are minor governmental systems in each of the Districts, each one answering to the central government of the city and passing on its supreme wisdom to the citizens. It's all a very tidy and efficient system on paper. On the streets, it just gets people killed.

These days everything is corporate. That started a long time ago, when certain conglomerates had so many government officials' hands in their pockets that there wasn't any string in the tapestry of the world that they could not pull. They still call it America, but it ain't about any united states anymore. We've got to face facts: We're the Corporate Properties of America. They tried to fight back, of course, but most of the funding the military received was funneled straight out of the Corps' accounts. When they closed off that funding, a good 60% of the fight went right out of our good ol' boys. Things run a lot smoother in a corporation than a government. Everyone wants profit, and nobody lies about it (except to their shareholders, and the competition). So all the effort that went into keeping up appearances goes into moving product instead; product like swift, merciless "justice", and overcrowded jails.

To get a job in this market, you've got to be the best. They want college degrees for wiping yourself. If you can't divide by zero, forget about food service. Corps won't settle for less than top-notch, cutting-edge ability. "We're looking for someone with more experience" should be the national anthem. 'Course, when you consider how much of the system they've streamlined, couple it with the fact that most folks can't earn a decent living with two jobs, and compound it with a staggering decline in the number of available jobs...well, you get crime.

A lot of folks aren't happy with how this country runs, but we didn't stop in when we could. Now we have to live with it. You want credits? You gotta go out and get them. Job? Don't make me laugh. Jobs are for rich people. If you want to eat, you run the streets. Find somebody with a dirty job to do and take it off his hands. He'll pay; nobody wants this stuff getting back to them. Just don't get caught doing whatever it is he can't do himself. It's a good bet there's a prison sentence involved.

Oh, and don't get your hopes set on some hard currency. There ain't much of that left. That was the first thing to go when the Corps got their hands on the central banking system. The whole mess is electronic, now. Sure, you can get some fake credit chips on the black market, but the dummy signal they put out is sure to set off a cop's scanner. They're best used discreetly. They also cost a small fortune, unless you know someone. The same goes with ID. Everyone's tagged, unless they've got connections. For the right price, you cease to exist; at least, as far as the system knows. If you have to have hard cash, you can try to find some, but it's pretty tightly controlled. Word on the street is that the Corps are trying to phase it out; every dollar they collect goes straight into the furnace, replaced with credits instead. There will come a day when they control all forms of currency.

That's what it's like, these days. Every day is a struggle. Every job is a risk. But there is hope on the horizon. Something is happening to the people of New Washington, and a lot of folks can say it ain't exactly a bad thing.

The world needs a hero. Is it you?

RULES FOR THIS ROLEPLAY
Spoiler:

NPC Heroes and Villains were split into separate posts, because I'm long-winded as F---.

Last edited by BlessedWrath on Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:48 pm #2

Intro Story
This short story exists as an example of the plot thus far, and what's possible in the game. It also exists to introduce the NPCs and their abilities. It is not rigid, and is not set in stone.

The players will make their entrance after this story takes place. I will probably modify how it ends, just to tie up loose ends, but for now this is all I have.

Enjoy.

Spoiler:

Last edited by BlessedWrath on Sat May 05, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:01 am #3

NPC Heroes

Dr. Anton Rubius
Spoiler:

Denise Richmond, a.k.a. "Siren"
Spoiler:

Daniel "Amp" Bartlet
Spoiler:

Jeremiah "Wrath" Cole
Spoiler:

Last edited by BlessedWrath on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:08 am #4

NPC Villains (YAY!)

Victor Lawrence
Spoiler:

Jessica "Flashpoint" Malone
Spoiler:

Alexander "Mirage" Wright
Spoiler:

Emily "Flora" Orwell
Spoiler:

Amy "Fauna" Orwell
Spoiler:

Jack "Brick" Owen
Spoiler:

Eden
Spoiler:

Last edited by BlessedWrath on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm #5

Quote :
EmeraldLink, your concept is approved. There will be some details we will have to discuss in IMs, when they come up, but that's later.

Player: EmeraldLink

Name: Skylar Kelly
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:47 pm #6

Quote :
Cidellus, your conept is approved. I will work out some details with you privately, as they come up. This may require a post edit or two, but it won't be painful. Also, the guns may run into an issue with availability. For some reason, John can't seem to find them. It will be necessary to acquire replacements from the black market, in-game.

Player: Cidellus

Name: John Abraham Miller
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:14 pm #7

Pandora 13 is about to resume from its unexpected hiatus. I post this message in the hopes that its players will be ready to continue the story. Please take a moment to familiarize yourselves with the OOC and rules again, before the story resumes. I haven't had any trouble with it yet, but sometimes people can forget what's going on in a storyline if it's been postponed for a while.

I personally and humbly apologize for allowing myself to be swept away like this. I've already had to quit my Shadowrun roleplay on RPG (although there were extenuating circumstances on that one), but rest assured that I am prioritizing my life at this time. I expect to be back on track within the week.

Please also note that this Memorial Day weekend is Media West Con 32, and I expect to be unavailable for all of tomorrow, possibly all of Sunday. I am also expected at my mate's family barbecue on Monday. Posting may resume Tuesday, if all goes well.

One last note, before I go again: Remember that the two groups listed in the OOC are not the only movements within the realm. There are other groups stirring in the shadows, and I do not promise that they will not take the spotlight at some point. Mutancy has caught international attention, especially at the corporate level. Only a complete idiot would pass up the opportunity to try to profit from these events, and you don't get to be head of a MegaCorp by being an idiot (unless it's Microsoft or Apple...>_>).

There will be at least one more NPC group listing added to this OOC: That of "Non-Aligned" characters. NA NPCs are characters of note who have either not yet sided with or against the party, or who have decided to take matters into their own hands. They may help or hinder the group, depending on their personal interests, and by no means are all of the NA NPCs going to be allied with each other. It's a hodgepodge of various groups or individuals who all have their own goals in mind, and they absolutely will make headaches for almost everyone in the game.

Be on the lookout, folks. This story is about to get a whole lot deeper.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm #8

I tried to wrap my brain around this tonight, but couldn't do it. I will be thinking about what to do next whilst I lumber around in my depression-induced funk. Promises have been made, and they will be fulfilled...just not immediately.

Think of it as a delayed release date. Hey, it works for Blizzard, right?
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:49 pm #9

I'm making a committment to post within 48 hours. I just need time to reread all the stuff that's going on, so that I can properly advance plot. This likely means a couple of hours of brainstorming, which I've not had time to do of late. Suggestions are welcomed, and may be delivered via PM or MSN.
Back to top Go down
Cidellus
Associate
Cidellus

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:58 am #10

Awesome! I can't wait! Wish I had suggestions, but all I could advise on is Miller. =\
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 am #11

Please tell me I did not kill this with my unintentional hiatus.
Back to top Go down
Cidellus
Associate
Cidellus

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 am #12

You certainly didn't kill it for me. I think Emerald Link is just a bit busy. :\
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

RP : Member
Pet : Leafeon
: : : 16
: : : 14
: : : 13

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:06 pm #13

SORRY! I know I haven't posted but I have been extremely busy. The last few days of my class include two debates and a paper to write. The debates have to be ready this weekend, and I have to finish the paper before Wednesday (the final day of class). I want to write a post, I do. I just have to finish this first before I can post. I'm sorry if I'm scaring you with my own unintentional hiatus. And BW, this is the same reason as to why I can't post in RtD either. By Wednesday afternoon, I shall be done with the class and will have loads of free time to post to my heart's content. :D
Back to top Go down
Toky
New Guy
Toky

: : : 1

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:24 pm #14

Just wanted to pop in and say that I am very interested, and will probably be getting caught up and start working on a character in the next day or so.

I've been gone a while... didn't even know about the name change! XD
Back to top Go down
http://twilightstrife.deviantart.com/
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 pm #15

All are welcome, Toky. Just make sure to familiarize yourself with forum rules and storyline requirements prior to PMing your concept. I don't ask for a lot; just the basics.

You're actually coming into things just as they're starting to heat up. If you time it right, I can drop you right into a war zone! ^_^

As always, I'm perfectly happy to talk things out if you have any questions. You'll find me to be very accommodating wherever possible.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Cidellus
Associate
Cidellus

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 am #16

YAY! MORE PEOPLE!

...jus' so long as you ain't no got-damn red commie...comrade...

*DUN DUN DUN...*

>_>

<_<
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am #17

Em says he'll be able to post once his paper is done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pandora 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora 13   Pandora 13 Empty #18

Back to top Go down

Pandora 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1