Roleplay Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Armada

Lol, we RP and stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

RP : Member
AT : Member
Pet : Fluttershy
: : : 50
: : : 20
: : : 5
Location : Michigan (So obviously a different time zone than most [If not all] of you.)

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:11 am #26

They did Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie already. I dunno if anyone else has been casted yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/takingbackheaven
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pet : Whip
: : : 3
: : : 2

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:06 am #27

Xanatos wrote:
BlessedWrath wrote:
Regardless of whether you like the show, good tunes.
yes. this. people need to stop being so hate-y and see the good side to the pony phenomena

I've heard it's written/produced by one of the artists who worked on Powerpuff Girls, so this would be one reason why the art and general style is so similar. (My mate is infatuated with the show, so I pick up some things in the background).

Personally, I think kids' shows should take that route. They've gone down the road of designing most kids' shows specifically to treat all children as though they're victims of severe head trauma, instead of like they've got a functioning brain. It's been scientifically and medically proven that using "baby talk" on a child stunts their psychological and intellectual growth. TV shows which do the same thing (albeit on an intellectual level, rather than just linguistic) should be considered a form of child abuse.

They're people, not pets, even if they are miniature ones. They should be treated as though they have a remote chance of understanding simple logic. Shows like Dora (I have a friend with a 4-year old) use language specifically designed to showcase exaggerated inflection, mind-numbingly slow exchange of ideas, and incredibly simplistic ideas. They claim to be helping children to develop socially, but they only serve to inhibit that growth by showing children that it's ok to talk like a moron.

From all that I've seen of the show, MLP does not do this. I applaud them. We have enough empty heads running 'round without training an entire generation of new ones.
Back to top Go down
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

RP : Member
AT : Member
Pet : Fluttershy
: : : 50
: : : 5
Location : Michigan (So obviously a different time zone than most [If not all] of you.)

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:46 pm #28

That, my friend, is amazing. Most children's shows nowadays are stupid. I have more fun watching cooking shows than cartoons. I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement.

But with the throwbacks to the bronies in MLP (ie. Twilight sneaking in and dressed up as solid snake, or the two characters from the big lebowski showing up in an episode), there's not only a good message behind my little pony, but it has some adult themes (espionage, war, etc.) It's a work of art, and it doesn't treat any of it's viewers like a specific age or mindset.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/takingbackheaven
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty #29

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2